CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Responsible for the security, safety and supervision of residents through direct monitoring, active interaction and clear staff communication. This position is a full-time position and includes, awake overnights, weekends and holidays. 11:00 pm to 9:00 am.
- Monitor and manage resident youth behavior to provide safe and structured living environment conducive to BRS programming
- Documentation of daily log, point cards and notes of resident treatment or behavioral information needed for clear and effective communication for staff shift change
- Check chore responsibilities/completion to confirm residents maintain positive program impression through facility cleanliness and upkeep
- Co-operation and coordination with Case Manager(s) and other staff workers to ensure an open channel of communication regarding treatment and behavioral expectations of individual residents
- Assist other staff members in providing quality programs to all residents
- Assist Case Managers in providing individual, group and family counseling/skills training
- Provide therapeutic interventions to youth
- Active interaction with residents in recreational, discretionary and daily living activities
- During night shift, make periodic surveillance rounds of facility and check on residents at least every one-half (1/2) hour, waking of residents
- Transportation of resident (store runs, doctor appointments, activities)
- Assist with cooking meals for residents
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled
- Other duties as requested by Program Manager, Treatment Manager or Supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and Ability: Effectively provide intervention services to resident population. Demonstrate strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to interface smoothly with other staff, referring agencies, parents, schools and others, and maintain a professional demeanor at all times, as well as remain calm and in control during situations. Ability to be a positive team player. Attention to detail. Able to stay awake overnight.
Experience and Training:
Valid Oregon driver license and CPR/1st Aid certification required within first 30-days.
J Bar J Youth Services offers a competitive benefit package (medical, dental, vision, life, 401k) with eligibility beginning 60 days from date of hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Drug Free Workplace. You must be able to pass a criminal background check.