LOFT Case Manager/Coordinator
Department: Cascade Youth & Family Center (CYFC): The LOFT
Reports to: Program Manager
LOFT Case Manager serves as primary counselor and treatment provider for youth enrolled in the LOFT Program. Ensures daily needs of youth are met and assists youth in working towards, understanding and implementing therapeutic goals and objectives as outlined in their individual treatment plan. Responsible for BRS hours, appointments and other core activities, as well as appropriate and pertinent written documentation. This position is also expected to assist in providing services and written documentation as needed to any resident of the LOFT, including shelter residents.
This position is a full-time, 40 hours per week position with variable shifts including days, swing, weekends and holidays. This position includes on call responsibilities.
- Administer assessments and intakes of TLP/OYA youth upon program placement, other youth as requested
- Directly responsible for ensuring all Behavioral Rehabilitation Service (BRS) hours for TLP/OYA youth are met and documented
- Directly responsible for scheduling, transportation and documentation (pre/post) of OYA/TLP youth appointments relative to physical needs: medical, dental, clothing, etc
- Directly responsible for scheduling, transportation and documentation (pre/post) of TLP/OYA youth home visits, authorized leaves, and school and/or vocational meetings
- Directly responsible for developing and maintaining case files as required by OYA/TLP contract and Agency policy
- Provide individual counseling as needed to develop and meet treatment goals, objectives and TLP/OYA contract obligations
- Support and/or facilitate and document a weekly LOFT independent living skills group
- Document resident behavior in daily log, on point cards and as appropriate in case notes
- Directly responsible for developing and documenting Service Plans for all youth
- Contact and liaison with court system, case workers, JPPO’s and others relative to casework issues
- Participation in recreational, daily living and discretionary activities with all residents
- Regular, documented communication and contact with parents and/or guardians
- Attendance at case management meetings, staff meetings and any meetings pertinent to youth on caseload
- Supervision and positive behavior management/mentoring of all LOFT youth
- Manage youth wait list including screening applicants and referrals
- Provide on call support on work/shift days
- Documentation of daily log and case notes of any resident treatment or behavioral information needed for clear and effective communication for staff shift change
- Assist Youth Advocates and other staff members in providing quality program to all resident and shelter youth
- Maintain confidences regarding client and staff information
- Perform other duties as requested by Program Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Ability: Ability to develop an environment where youth can succeed by ensuring the atmosphere and basic supplies for education, work, activities and similar are provided. Ability to effectively facilitate and document individual counseling and LOFT groups.
Ability to interface effectively with other staff, referring agencies, parents, schools and others and maintain a professional demeanor at all times. Ability to provide crisis intervention to resident population and remain calm and in control during crisis situations. Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a team. Demonstrate strong written, verbal and interpersonal Communication skills. Knowledge of Oregon Revised Statutes relative to juvenile offenders.
Experience and Training: A master’s degree with major study in social work or a closely allied field and one (1) year of experience in the care and rehabilitation of youth, or a bachelor’s degree with major study in social work, psychology, sociology or a closely allied field and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in the care and rehabilitation of youth. Valid Oregon driver license and CPR/1st Aid certification required.
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive, and it is subject to change