Position: Case Manager
Department: J Bar J Boys Ranch / J5
Reports to: Program Manager
Serve as primary treatment provider for juvenile offenders enrolled in a residential program. Assist youth in working towards understanding and implementing therapeutic goals and objectives as outlined in their individual treatment plan. Ensure behavioral rehabilitative services, hours met, appointments and other core activities. Document appropriate, pertinent and timely reports. This position is a full-time; 40 hours per week position with variable shifts including days, swing, weekends and holidays. This position includes on call responsibilities.
- Contact and ongoing liaison with court system, parole officer, and juvenile court workers relative to treatment and case work issues.
- Contact and maintain communication between parents and/or legal guardians.
- Provide assistance in the development of after care resources for residents on case load.
- Directly responsible for scheduling, coordination, documentation and follow up of home visits, authorized leaves and school meetings.
- Directly responsible for providing, documenting, ensuring that all Behavioral Rehabilitation Service (BRS) hours are met.
- Supervision and management of residents in daily living environment.
- Hold residents accountable for responsible, appropriate behavior with feedback, use of point cards or token economy system.
- Participation in recreational and discretionary activities with residents.
- Other duties as required by Program Director or Treatment Manager.
DELIVERY OF TREATMENT SERVICES
- Development and implementation of treatment as described in service plans.
- Attendance at case management meetings, staff meetings and other related staffings of meetings pertinent to youth on caseload.
- Develop and maintain case files as required by program, OYA contract and agency policy.
- Review treatment plans and update goals and objectives.
- Prepare and facilitate parent training.
- Develop goal work, action steps, and weekly special programs goals.
- Provide individual counseling as needed to meet treatment goals and objectives.
- Update daily log and document resident progress.
- Provide documentation of group and individual work.
- Provide services and written documentation as needed for any resident of J Bar J ranch.
- Assist Resident Monitors and Night Monitors in providing appropriate service to youth.
- Facilitate treatment groups.
- Knowledge, Skills and Ability: To effectively facilitate offenders-specific groups and individual counseling. Demonstrate strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to interface effectively with referring agencies, parents, schools and others as required. Knowledge of Oregon Revised Statutes relative to juvenile offenders. Knowledge of effective intervention strategies with delinquent youth and their families. Ability to remain in control during crisis situations and maintain a rational, professional demeanor at all times.
- Experience and Training: A bachelor’s degree with major study in social work or a closely allied field and one (1) year of experience in the care and rehabilitation of youth. Valid Oregon driver license and CPR/1st Aid certification required within first 30-days.
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive, and it is subject to change.