As the Employee Recruitment and Retention Coordinator, you will play a key role in building a culture of connection at J Bar J. You will create and post recruitment messaging and materials that are engaging, and as people join our team, you will support incoming staff through the onboarding experience to get them up to speed quickly. You will be a communications conduit for staff as they start in their new positions and check in with them at regular intervals. To help J Bar J nurture growth in employees, you will create materials for all staff providing information about available training, open positions within the company, and career advancement. Through regular communication with staff, you will help the J Bar J team identify opportunities to improve and grow our reputation as an employer of choice in Central Oregon.
Position: Employee Recruitment and Retention Coordinator
Department: J Bar J Youth Services (JBJYS)
Reports to: Communications Manager
The Employee Recruitment and Retention Coordinator (ERRC) acts as ambassador to JBJYS employees and prospective employees, providing information and support services at all stages of the employee life cycle, to include: recruitment, onboarding, orientation, career advancement and retention. The ERRC works with Program Managers and Directors to recruit and retain a strong work force, and promotes JBJYS as an employer of choice in the community.
- Work with Program Managers and Directors to develop, define and implement a recruitment and retention strategy for all programs.
- Research and develop opportunities to recruit, retain, and promote a culturally diverse workforce.
- Review and update job descriptions for existing and new positions.
- Provide oversight and guidance to JBJYS in the search and selection process for all job vacancies.
- Advertise and promote employment opportunities to the community (including internal JBJYS community) and work with the Human Resources Coordinator to coordinate recruiting and hiring functions.
- Assist Managers and Directors in developing temporary strategies for emergency staffing to cover absences and vacancies.
- Conduct onboarding interviews of new employees.
- Assist in the orientation of new employees as requested.
- Conduct 30 and 90 day interviews with new employees for developing strategies around retention and training.
- Work with Leadership team to assess and plan development opportunities for employees.
- Assist interested employees with career planning.
- Assist with developing, conducting, tracking, and/or evaluating training and professional development opportunities for employees.
- Develop and conduct interviews with new staff towards the goal of strengthening employee retention strategies.
- Conduct off-boarding interviews with resigning or retiring employees, tracking reasons for voluntary terminations to inform future HR recruitment strategies.
- Track and report statistics and other employment-related data on applicants, prospects, and employees to management.
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge, Skills and Ability: Demonstrate excellent attention to detail. Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and computer skills. Requires organizational and documentation skills with attention to detail and time sensitive information.
- Experience and Training: A bachelor’s degree or three (3) years of experience working in administrative office role. Valid Oregon driver license.
- Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.