Position: Grant Writer
Department: Administrative Services
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer (COO), and Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
About Us: Working at J Bar J Youth Services: J Bar J Youth Services is a dynamic and mission-driven organization dedicated to empowering young individuals and promoting positive change in their lives. As a Grant Writer, you will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact by securing grants that support our programs and services.
Job Summary: We are seeking an experienced Grant Writer to join our organization and support our efforts in securing funding through grants. The Grant Writer will primarily focus on researching, writing, and reporting on grants, working in close collaboration with the Chief Operating Officer (COO). This position requires strong research and writing skills, attention to detail, and experience in grant writing for both foundation and government grants. This is a full-time position with the flexibility to work remotely.
· Conduct thorough research to identify potential grant opportunities from foundations, government agencies, and other relevant sources.
· Collaborate with the COO to develop grant strategies and prioritize funding opportunities based on organizational priorities.
· Prepare well-written, compelling grant proposals, applications, and supporting documents.
· Ensure all grant applications are submitted accurately and within deadlines.
· Monitor and track grant submissions, maintaining a comprehensive record-keeping system through our current grant database GrantHub.
· Collaborate with program staff to gather necessary information and data for grant proposals and reports.
· Assist in the development of budgets, financial narratives, and other financial information required for grant applications.
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of grant regulations, guidelines, and trends in the field of grant writing.
· Prepare regular progress reports and updates on grant activities for the COO and other stakeholders.
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., communications, nonprofit management, English) is preferred.
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in grant writing, preferably in a nonprofit or similar organization.
· Proven track record of successful grant acquisition, with experience in securing both foundation and government grants.
· Strong research and analytical skills to identify potential funding sources and gather relevant information.
· Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading abilities, with a keen eye for detail.
· Proficient in grant application processes and reporting requirements.
· Proficient in using technology and software applications relevant to grant writing and reporting.
· Familiarity with budgeting and financial information related to grant applications.
· Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple deadlines and projects simultaneously.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate effectively with the COO.
· Demonstrated commitment to ethical and professional conduct, maintaining confidentiality when necessary.
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive, and it is subject to change.