Position: Enrollment and Match Specialist
Department: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Oregon
Reports to: Program Manager
This position is responsible for providing high-level youth and volunteer customer service throughout by the effective implementation of the BBBSA enrollment and matching process. The Enrollment and Match Specialist will produce positive outcomes in volunteer yield and processing time, youth yield, youth/guardian processing time as well as general customer satisfaction. Spanish language proficiency preferred.
This position is full-time, 40 hours per week position with variable shifts including days, evenings and weekends. $18.00/hour (bilingual pay differential offered)
- Conduct youth enrollments including guardian/youth/volunteer interviews, youth safety education and other intake procedures.
- Ensure high-level proficiency in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function
- Identify child safety issues for volunteers, youth and their families
- Collaborate with other service delivery staff to ensure smooth transition among functions
- Assess and refer families for alternative or additional services as needed
- Identify and eliminate any barriers interfering with the completion of the enrollment process
- Review and follow-up on references as appropriate including personal references, DMV and criminal background checks
- Bring to the attention of Program Director any concerns regarding reference information
- Conduct volunteer and youth reassessments/updates as indicated and in a timely manner
- Review all enrollment information and assessments and make recommendations for participation in the program based on this information
- Provide timely and comprehensive reports and recommendations for participation in the program based upon assessments of each individual volunteer
- Determine matches, and facilitate Guardian/Volunteer meetings with Match Support Specialist in accordance with volunteer and family schedules
- Makes recommendations to Match Support Specialist for training and support needs
- Maintain accurate paperwork according to BBBSA, database and agency standards, BBBSA Service Delivery Model, and BBBSCO Program Manual
- Enter complete and timely information into BBBSCO database
- Involve Program Director in any child safety concerns or reporting to DHS
- Other duties as requested by Program Director
- Knowledge, Skills and Ability: Demonstrate excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills reflecting solid customer service and high-level interviewing skills. Ability to form appropriate assessment-based relationships, relates well in multicultural environments, maintain confidentiality throughout daily operations, and effectively collaborate with other service delivery staff. Ability to use time effectively; and focus on details. Spanish language proficiency preferred.
- Experience and Training: Bachelor’s degree in social services, human resources or related field; or 4 years of related work experience and 2 years of college; or 8 years of relevant work experience. Experience working with both youth and adult populations with specific assessment, intake or interview experience preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office; including Word, Outlook, Excel and Access. Valid Oregon driver license and CPR/1st Aid certification required.
- Physical Requirements: This is primarily a sedentary position. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive, and it is subject to change