Position: Enrollment and Match Specialist
Department: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Oregon
Reports to: Program Manager
This position is responsible for providing high-level youth and volunteer customer service throughout by the effective implementation of the BBBSA enrollment and matching process. The Enrollment and Match Specialist will produce positive outcomes in volunteer yield and processing time, youth yield, youth/guardian processing time as well as general customer satisfaction.
This position is part or full-time, 20-40 hours per week position with variable shifts including days, evenings and weekends.
- Conduct youth enrollments including guardian/youth interviews, youth safety education and other intake procedures.
- Ensure high-level proficiency in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function
- Identify child safety issues for volunteers, youth and their families
- Collaborate with other service delivery staff to ensure smooth transition among functions
- Assess and refer families for alternative or additional services as needed
- Identify and eliminate any barriers interfering with the completion of the enrollment process
- Review and follow-up on references as appropriate including personal references, DMV and criminal background checks
- Bring to the attention of Program Manager any concerns regarding reference information
- Conduct volunteer and youth reassessments/updates as indicated and in a timely manner
- Review all enrollment information and assessments and make recommendations for participation in the program based on this information
- Provide timely and comprehensive reports and recommendations for participation in the program based upon assessments of each individual volunteer
- Determine matches, and facilitate Guardian/Volunteer meetings with Match Support Specialist in accordance with volunteer and family schedules
- Makes recommendations to Match Support Specialist for training and support needs
- Maintain accurate paperwork according to BBBSA, AIM and agency standards
- Enter complete and timely information into BBBSCO AIM database
- Other duties as requested by Program Manager
- Knowledge, Skills and Ability: Demonstrate excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills reflecting solid customer service and high-level interviewing skills. Ability to form appropriate assessment-based relationships, relates well in multicultural environments, maintain confidentiality throughout daily operations, and effectively collaborate with other service delivery staff. Ability to use time effectively; and focus on details.
- Experience and Training: Bachelor’s degree in social services, human resources or related field. Experience working with both youth and adult populations with specific assessment, intake or interview experience preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office; including Word, Outlook, Excel and Access. Valid Oregon driver license and CPR/1st Aid certification required.
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive, and it is subject to change