Department: The Academy at Sisters
Reports to: Clinical Director and Director of Private Programs
Provides individual and group therapy to youth who are enrolled in the Academy at Sisters utilizing therapeutic modalities that support the ABCR Program model, and which are developmentally and clinically designed for adolescent youth. Works in conjunction with youth and Treatment Team to co-create and co-facilitate the individualized treatment plans for residents of the Academy at Sisters. The Therapist facilitates parent groups, family therapy and participates in parent workshops. Therapist maintains regular communication with parents, educational consultants and other professionals. Therapist supports Admissions and Treatment Team by reviewing testing on youth, providing input on referrals to the Academy regarding appropriateness. Therapist communicates with clinicians and referring professionals to obtain additional information as needed. Therapist participates in development of programming in conjunction with the Clinical Director, Director of Private Program, and Program Manager.
This is a part- time or full-time position.
* Provides weekly individual therapy to youth on caseload
* Facilitates weekly group therapy to include, but not limited to DBT and Smart Recovery
* Provides and facilitates monthly family therapy sessions (on campus)
* Creates and facilitates bi-monthly family groups (on campus)
* Communicates with Academy parents twice monthly via email or phone. Additional contact as needed, after approval by treatment team.
* Communicates with Educational Consultants (or other referring professionals) once monthly via phone, or e-mail. Additional contact after approval by Treatment Team.
* Participates in the development and facilitation of Family Workshops and trainings
* Works in conjunction with Clinical Director to develop clinical component of the Academy at Sisters program
* Communicates with referring professionals and clinicians to obtain information and assess appropriateness of new referrals to the Academy
* Contributes to and provides oversight of initial treatment plans and quarterly progress reports on youth
* Participates in weekly meetings with Treatment Coordinators and Teachers to discuss youth
* Participates in weekly Treatment Team meetings and monthly Staff Meetings
* Maintains current, accurate documentation on all individual, group and family therapy sessions
* Offers assistance with emergency situations for youth in the Academy
* Meets regularly with Clinical Director for case consultation and supervision
* Assists with tours and promotion of the Academy at Sisters
* Attends marketing (IECA) & NATSAP conferences as needed
* Other duties as required by Clinical Director and Director of Private Programs
* Knowledge, Skills and Ability: Experience in addressing mental health and substance abuse issues of at risk adolescents. Ability to assist youth in identifying and addressing behavioral, mental and emotional problems that interfere with their daily lives. Ability to conduct 1:1 therapy, group counseling and family sessions with clients in a residential setting. Ability to develop and facilitate individual treatment plans. Ability to work individually and as part of a treatment team. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate adequate computer skills. Must be able to utilize sound judgment and decision making skills. Must adhere to professional code of ethics and standards for counselors.
* Experience and Training: Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field. Must hold active professional license. Minimum of 3 years of experience working with at-risk youth in residential or related setting.
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive, and it is subject to change.