Position: Kitchen Assistant
Department: J Bar J Boys Ranch
Reports to: Kitchen Manager
Provider of nutritional services to youth and staff in residential treatment setting. Responsible for balanced meal preparation, safe meal/snack preparation, occasional ordering, and supervision of residential youth in kitchen area. Occasional special event requirements.
Full time, part time, open for discussion. Thursday through Sunday 7am-5pm to start.
- Prepare and/or supervise the preparation of all daily meals and snacks utilizing standard operating procedures associated with federal Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) guidelines
- Maintain all documentation as required by Department of Education and Deschutes County Health Department
- Take and record all temperatures required by Department of Education and Deschutes County Health Department
- Ensure clean and sanitary kitchen and equipment
- Ensure kitchen organization
- Provide necessary guidance and supervision to resident youth and staff regarding food preparation
- Ensure proper hygiene and safety in kitchen and dining areas
- Supervise proper deep clean from resident youth
- Model a positive, professional manner and demeanor
- Communicate effectively with youth and staff
- Other duties as requested by Kitchen Manager
- Knowledge, Skills and Ability: Knowledge of food preparation techniques in a commercial setting. Ability to supervise youth in preparation of meals and general cleanup. Knowledge of basic computer operations, including word processing and spreadsheet software. Ability to communicate effectively with residents and staff, and to be a cooperative and effective member of a professional team. Valid Oregon Driver’s License.
- Education and Experience: 2 years food service experience preferred. Valid Oregon Driver License, food handler’s card and CPR/First Aid required within first 30-days.
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive, and it is subject to change.