Position: Quality Assurance and Improvement Coordinator
Department: J Bar J Youth Services (JBJYS)
Reports to: Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
The Quality Assurance and Improvement Coordinator must have excellent attention to detail skills. JBJYS reviews data from a wide range of sources to identify strengths, opportunities for improvement, patterns and trends. The Coordinator will assist in assuring required data is collected on a regular basis.
- Work with teams, Program Managers, and Program Directors to collect data from programs
- Tracks objective performance measures/indicators of effectiveness for all Departments
- Researches, plans, and follows directives from Executive Leadership in implementing quality assurance and performance quality improvement processes for programs to achieve organizational performance goals and improve programs
- Follows directives from Executive Leadership team to review, revise, and at times create program improvement plans (PIPs) goals and objectives
- Collects data for and assists in the evaluation of the progress and effectiveness of performance improvement systems and informs appropriate leadership of findings
- Collects and analyzes data to be reported to Executive Leadership
- Manages accountability for follow up to projects, identifies barriers to meeting deadlines, and effectively communicates those barriers to Executive Leadership
- Provides in-service education to staff about quality assurance and performance improvement program requirements
- Establish a system to measure and report monthly, quarterly, and annually program progress (e.g., metrics, trending reports, etc.) and reports program benefits (e.g., efficiency improvements, etc.). Analysis of the program’s results will generate a set of recommendations and revisions to the go forward annual plan.
- Collect and disseminate improvement tools and assessments to help build capacity for program improvement
- Partners with teams to conduct root-cause analyses, generate ideas for improvement, and develop measurement plans for improvement initiatives that are adopted
- Handles a variety of highly confidential and sensitive information
- Team member on department quarterly performance quality improvement (PQI) meetings
- Complete quarterly PQI report compiling all Dept. performance data
- Client and stakeholder satisfaction surveys
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Ability: Demonstrate excellent attention to detail. Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and computer skills. Requires organizational and documentation skills with attention to detail and time sensitive information.
Experience and Training: A bachelor’s degree or three (3) years of experience working in administrative office role. Valid Oregon driver license.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position description is not meant to be all-inclusive and this position is subject to change.