Position: Registrar/Records Clerk, Academy at Sisters, Boys Ranch School and J5 Program
Department: J Bar J Learning Center
Reports to: Academic Director
Under direct supervision of the Academic Director, the Registrar/Records Clerk is responsible for filing, updating, requesting, and sending confidential student academic files for the school. This is a full-time hourly position, 40 hours a week, 8am-4pm, Monday through Friday. Starting pay is $17/hr.
- Requests and tracks receipt of records for newly enrolled students; prepares mass data imports for new students.
- Processes student withdrawals; fulfills records requests for withdrawn students.
- Processes parent contact and data information changes.
- Maintains student-level databases, including data entry.
- Creates and maintains student cumulative files and other student records; establishes and maintains secure access to student records; ensures proper disposal of student records.
- Maintains and scans received files.
- Serves as primary point of contact for families, teachers, staff, and other schools in regards to accessing student information and records.
- Maintains effective communication with program and school staff.
- Position does not require direct work with students but does require respectful, casual student interactions.
- Performs other duties as requested by Academic Director.
- Comply with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Knowledge, Skills, and Ability: Position requires high level organizational skills as well as patience and flexibility to work in a busy and sometimes unpredictable office environment.
- Experience and Training: Minimally, a high school diploma although an AA degree is preferred. Previous record keeping and filing experience. School record keeping and filing experience preferred. This job description is not meant to be all inclusive, and it is subject to change.
- Physical Requirements: While performing the duties for the job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee occasionally is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.