Position: Resident Monitor/Night Monitor
Department: Cascade Youth & Family Center
Reports to: Program Manager and Community Programs Director
Responsible for the security, safety and supervision of residents through direct monitoring, active interaction and clear staff communication. Written documentation of all youth contact is required for smooth continuation of services to youth, client and staff safety, and to meet contract obligations. This position is a full or part time position and includes days, awake overnights, swing, weekends and holidays with a variable schedule.
- Supervision and positive behavior management of resident youth
- Direct monitoring of resident accountability as prescribed in treatment plan and/or special program
- Monitor and manage resident youth behavior to provide safe and structured living environment conducive to BRS programming
- Documentation of daily log, point cards and case notes of any resident treatment or behavioral information needed for clear and effective communication for staff shift change
- Check chore responsibilities/completion to confirm residents maintain positive program impression through facility cleanliness and upkeep
- Co-operation and coordination with Case Manager(s) and other shift workers to ensure an open channel of communication regarding treatment and behavioral expectations of individual residents
- Assist other staff members in providing quality program to all residents
- Assist Case Managers in providing individual, group and family counseling/skills training
- Provide therapeutic interventions to youth
- Active interaction with residents in recreational, discretionary and daily living activities. Requires, kneeling, lifting, running, stamina, and a good athletic ability.
- During night shift, make periodic surveillance rounds of facility and check on residents at least every one-half (1/2) hour, waking of residents
- Transportation of any resident as needed (store runs, doctor appointments, etc.)
- Assist with cooking meals for residents
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled
- Other duties as requested
Knowledge, Skills and Ability: Effectively provide crisis intervention services to resident population. Demonstrate strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to interface smoothly with other staff, referring agencies, parents, schools and others, and maintain a professional demeanor at all times, as well as remain calm and in control during crisis situations. Ability to be a positive team player while remaining self-directed. Recreational-related skills or interest. Attention to detail. Able to stay awake overnight.
Experience and Training: Experience not required, minimum education High School Diploma or GED, and we will train. Preferred: A Bachelor’s degree with major study in social work, psychology, sociology or a closely allied field. To be considered as a substitute for a bachelor’s degree, the combination of formal education and experience must consist of a combination of (1) one year of work experience and (2) two years of education, training, or additional work experience, all in the care and rehabilitation of youth. Valid Oregon driver license and CPR/1st Aid certification required.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties for the job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee occasionally is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must be able to go up and down stairs frequently. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive and this job is subject to change.