Position: Resident Monitor Supervisor
Department: J Bar J Boys Ranch
Reports to: Program Manager and Treatment Manager
Responsible for the security, safety and supervision of residents through direct monitoring, active interaction and clear staff communication. Responsible for supervision of Resident Monitors and Night Resident Monitors. This position is a full or part time position and includes days, awake overnights, swing, weekends and holidays with a variable schedule.
- Provide structure & leadership on shift.
- Direct monitoring of resident accountability as prescribed in treatment plan and/or special program.
- Assist Case Managers in providing individual, group, and family counseling/skills training.
- Provide therapeutic interventions to resident youth.
- Active interaction with residents in recreational, discretionary and daily living activities.
- Facilitate phone calls and groups when requested.
- Distribute medication per J Bar J policy.
- Transportation of any resident as needed (store runs, doctor appointments, etc.).
- Assist with cooking meals for residents.
- During night shift, make periodic surveillance rounds of facility and check on residents at least every one-half (1/2) hour, waking of residents.
- Provide therapeutic interventions to youth and document services (BRS).
- Supervision and positive behavior management of resident youth.
- Monitor and manage resident youth behavior to provide safe and structured living environment conducive to BRS programming.
- Documentation of daily log, point cards and case notes of any resident treatment or behavioral information needed for clear and effective staff communication.
- Check chore responsibilities/completion to confirm residents maintain positive program impression through facility cleanliness and upkeep.
- Co-operation and coordination with Case Manager(s) and other shift workers to ensure an open channel of communication regarding treatment and behavioral expectations of individual residents.
- Attend all staff meetings as scheduled.
- Assist other staff members in providing quality program to all residents.
- Other duties as requested by Program Manager or Treatment Manager.
- Create a safe, secure and positive environment for staff and resident youth.
- Supervise Resident Monitors and Night Monitors in accordance with J Bar J Youth Services Policies and Procedures.
- Shift responsibilities include: work station assignments (staffing levels in different locations and for off campus outings, doctors’ appointments and shopping), employee training, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees and shift rotations.
- Responsible for daily log and board updates. Responsible for communication of relevant information between shift staff and all shift paperwork.
- Knowledge, Skills and Ability: Effectively provide crisis intervention services to resident youth population. Demonstrate strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to interface smoothly with other staff, referring agencies, parents, schools and others, and maintain a professional demeanor at all times, as well as remain calm and in control during crisis situations. Ability to be a positive team player while remaining self-directed. Recreational-related skills or interests. Attention to detail. Able to stay awake overnight.
- Experience and Training: Bachelor’s degree or a combination of formal education and experience working with youth substituted for a bachelor’s degree. To be considered as a substitute for a bachelor’s degree, the combination of formal education and experience must consist of a combination of (1) one year of work experience and (2) two years of education, training or additional work experience; all in the care and rehabilitation of youth. 2 years of supervisory experience. Valid Oregon driver license and CPR/1st Aid certification required.
- Physical Requirements: While performing the duties for the job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee occasionally is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive and this job is subject to change.