Position: Treatment Manager
Department: J Bar J Boys Ranch/J5
Reports to: Program Manager
Assist Program Manager with overall management of J Bar J Boys Ranch, including safety, security and supervision of resident youth. Supervise, monitor and coordinate Treatment Team to ensure daily needs of resident youth are met and youth are working towards understanding and implementing therapeutic goals and objectives as outlined in their individual treatment plan. Active participation in Ranch daily milieu. This position is a full-time, 40 hours per week position with variable shifts including days, swing, weekends and holidays. This position includes on call responsibilities.
- Provide structure, leadership and guidance for all J Bar J Boys Ranch staff
- Enforce the standards, and monitor proper documentation of BRS/OYA, DHS and program requirements
- Manage quality and flow of program documentation
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of case files as required by OYA contract, including BRS hours and Agency policies
- Ensure timely development and application of initial service plans, master service plans, and 90 day reviews
- Assign and review the work of Ranch staff
- Provide training to new staff; including program guidelines, expectations, policy and overall program view and expectations
- Provide staff with pertinent information and changes in policy, program guidelines and expectations
- Assist Case Managers in developing appropriate goal work and special programs
- Guide Ranch staff in developing treatment plans, including treatment plan reviews, for all youth
- Provide consultation and feedback to staff as to appropriate responses for antisocial behavior patterns
- Direct staff in working with resident youth, ensuring safety and security, administering medication
- Train staff on specific treatment groups implementation and facilitation
- Evaluate group counseling skills and ability to follow rehabilitation curriculum
- Provide monthly training for staff
- Assist and direct staff in interventions, daily program operations, and completion of daily written documentation
- Coordinate with Program Manager on screening potential residents
- Provide input about performance evaluation to Program Manager
- Ensure effective utilization of token economy system
- Perform other duties as requested by Program Manager
- Knowledge, Skills and Ability: Demonstrate leadership and ability to teach staff. Ability to remain in control during crisis situations and maintain a rational, professional demeanor at all times. Ability to effectively facilitate and/or monitor offenders-specific groups and individual counseling. Demonstrate strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to interface effectively with referring agencies, parents, schools and others as required. Knowledge of Oregon Revised Statutes relative to juvenile offenders. Knowledge of effective intervention strategies with delinquent youth and their families.
- Experience and Training: A Master’s degree with a major study in social work or a closely allied field and one (1) year of experience in the care and rehabilitation of youth, or a bachelor’s degree with major study in social work, psychology, sociology, or a closely allied field, and two (2) years experience in the care and rehabilitation of youth. Two (2) years of supervisor experience. Valid Oregon driver license and CPR/1st Aid certification required.
- Physical Requirements: While performing the duties for the job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee occasionally is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive and this job is subject to change.