Position: Food Service Coordinator
Department: The Academy at Sisters
Reports to: Program Director
The Food Service Coordinator shall serve as primary contact and provider of daily nutritional services to residents (age 13-18) and staff in the residential treatment setting. Hours: This is a full or part time position. Days, swings, weekends, variable, flexible schedule.
- Develop daily, monthly and annual meal schedules.
- Develop daily menus which are nutritionally balanced.
- Prepare and supervise the preparation of meals on a daily basis.
- Conduct ongoing inventory of food stuffs and ordering of necessary food items and kitchen supplies.
- Maintain all documentation as required
- Provide necessary guidance and supervision to residents and staff regarding food preparation. Prepare specialty menus, handle coordination, set-up, tear down and vending services for special events as required.
- Maintain good communication with residents and staff.
- Maintain a positive manner and demeanor
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and staff, and to be a cooperative and effective member of a professional team.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Knowledge, Skills and Ability: Knowledge of food preparation techniques and menu planning in a commercial setting. Ability to prepare menus, menu schedules and special events. Knowledge of nutrition and dietary planning. Ability to order and keep inventory of vast quantities of food supplied through wholesale and retail vendors. Knowledge of basic computer operations, including word processing and spreadsheet software. Ability to communicate effectively with residents and staff, and be a cooperative and effective member of a professional team. Valid Oregon Driver’s license and food handler’s card. Current CPR and 1st Aid Certification.
- Experience and Training: Minimum of 2 years food service experience in residential setting. Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition or related field a plus.
- Physical Requirements: While performing the duties for the job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee occasionally is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive and this job is subject to change.